Once you have decided to pursue a career as an insurance agent, you will need to become licensed. The North Carolina Department of Insurance requires that all applicants for an insurance agent's license take an approved pre-licensing course. Each of the four major license types (Property, Casualty, Life, Accident/Health) requires 20 hours of prelicensing study. IIANC offers prelicensing courses for all of these licenses. The passing rate for our students is consistently above the state average.
- Property and Casualty – given in a 40-hour classroom setting
- Life and Accident, Health & Sickness – Offered online or self-study
- Long-Term Care/Medicare Supplement - Offered online or self-study
Contact Julie Simser at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 919-863-6535 with questions.
Access the NCDOI Pre-Licensing information >>>
*NEW* Virtual Pre-Licensing Program for 2020
We are pleased to announce our brand new option to satisfy the North Carolina Pre-Licensing education requirements (PLE) to obtain your Property & Casualty licenses. This new option gives you the benefit of flexibility and convenience as you can take a live, instructor-led NC PLE course in a webinar format right from your office or home computer.
The class runs from Monday – Friday for two weeks. Each day students attend a live, instructor-led four-hour session to satisfy the 40-hour North Carolina Pre-Licensing Education Requirement (PLE).
Class components include:
Register for an Online Pre-Licensing Course
- Interactive format so you can talk “live” to the instructor via the chat feature and the instructor responds to submitted questions as they cover the course material/topics.
- Hard copy course book mailed out to each student prior to class. The book allows students to take notes and follow along with the webinar on their computer.
- An interactive study session is provided where students can all talk freely to ask questions and review the material at the end of the course.
- An additional online learning tool called the Exam Simulator is provided to all students which allows them to take practice quizzes. This is included in the cost of the course. A code is given out to students to access the study tool.
The IIANC Education Foundation will award scholarships to qualified and approved individuals interested in beginning a career in the field of insurance. The scholarship will cover the tuition costs to attend Property and Casualty or Life and Health Pre‐Licensing course offered by IIANC in Cary, NC during the upcoming year.
Download the scholarship application >>>
You can now complete your L&H, P&C, Personal Lines or Medicare Supplement Certification online.
IIANC has partnered with A.D. Banker & Company to offer pre-licensing solutions to best fit your learning style including online, self study and webinars. IIANC members receive discounts for the
Learn more here or contact IIANC's Education Department at 800-849-6556 or email@example.com.
Three Options for You:
- Online Course - IIANC members receive a 10% discount (online only)
- Web class
- Self study
Learning Tools Available:
- Practice exams
- Online flashcards
- Spanish version flashcards
- Video lectures
- State requirement section